Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Highs and Lows

I'll start with the "high": Kyle's has been practicing a song with a group from his class and a group from the gen. ed. class. They are going to be in the high school's variety show. When I dropped Kyle off last night for practice, his teacher said that he actually sings! Okay, I've never heard Kyle sing for more than 2 seconds. I'm so excited! I remember when he was in elementary school, I was thrilled to just see him standing with the kids during a performance. Now I might actually get to see him sing.
Now the "low": I brought Evan to story time (last week's had been canceled). When I went with him over the summer, he loved everything about it; especially being around the other kids. Yesterday, it didn't go so good. He clung to me, and when he wasn't doing that, he was heading for the door. He did enjoy hearing the stories, but he didn't want to play with the toys or do the small table activity. Oh yes, he also enjoyed eating the cottage cheese snack (I think he was the only one who ate it). I'm hoping that his behavior was just because he was tired. He's still recovering from his ear infection (started medicine last Fri.). When we got home, I tried to feed him dinner (didn't want it), and he fell asleep in his high chair; it was only 7:00. He normally goes to bed between 8 and 9. He then slept through the night. We'll see how it goes next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTG Kyle. Sounds like Evan is just not quite up to par yet. Hopefully he will get 100% soon :)