Thursday, April 17, 2008

Golf

A three day weekend...hooray! There's no school tomorrow; it's a weather make-up day that we don't need.

Evan did fairly well at story time this week. He didn't exactly sit still, but there was no whining. While we were sitting in our circle when the books were being read, he was standing on my lap and moving all around. But at one point, he quietly sat on his bottom, and I was thinking, 'This is good.' He then scooted over to the other side of the circle to a mom and her little girl. I was then thinking, 'Wow, he wants to hang out with the little girl.' Well, not exactly. When he reached the pair, he stretched out his arm and little pointer finger and pointed to the mother's shirt.... a big picture of Mickey Mouse. I don't know how I didn't see that coming. He quickly retreated back to me.

John is at his golf league match---the first one of the season. They are weekly, with the occasional tournament on the weekend. When I married John (almost 19 years ago), I had more of a love for sports than he did, but I had zero interest in golf. I couldn't understand how someone could not only go golfing but watching it on TV? You'd got to be kidding me! It didn't take long, though, until I started watching it. I began by picking a guy that was left handed, because if I were to ever golf, that would be how I would do it! Phil Mickelson.....John would laugh, sort of at me, every time Phil would "choke," which was a fairly common event. But I stuck with Phil, and I cried with Phil when he won The Masters a few years ago. What an amazing event!
As the kids got older, I was able to go golfing with John, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A couple of years ago, I received a new set of clubs for my birthday. Then came Evan. I've been out (for 9 holes) a handful of times since his arrival. Maybe this year I'll get some good rounds in :-) Oh, and speaking of Evan, he loves to watch golf on TV, whether it's the real thing or on the PlayStation 2. Daddy is so proud!

No comments: