Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Another snow day
Going for a walk seemed like such a good idea-- we have all this snow, the sun is shining, and it's not windy out. Should I have taken into consideration the fact that it was so close to his nap time, and he was already a bit cranky? Maybe.
So, I took the sled out so that I could pull him; he wanted nothing to do with that. Plan B: I let him walk. All was going well. We walked up our street with the intention of stopping near the top, and then turning around to walk back down, stopping at my parents to pick up some yummy, homemade soup, and return home to eat it! At least, those were my intentions--not Evan's. When we got to the "turn around point," he made it quite clear that turning around was not a good idea. As a matter of fact, he believed it to be a very bad idea.
I should have known; he never wants to turn around when we walk in nice weather, so why did I think today would be any different? So, I carried/dragged him down the street, briefly stopping at my parents' house to pick up the soup (definitely not happy about stopping), and returned home. I gave him the opportunity to "play" outside at home, but he only wanted to go for a walk...which wasn't going to happen.
Soon after this shot, I put him down for his nap. He thought that was a good idea... and so did I.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

He looks so big!!
And that last picture
is so sad!! :( :p

About Nancy said...

Oh he looks so cold and ready for a nap. I remember those days with the kids and it's so hard to burn their energy in the winter. Spring is coming soon and we all deserve a good day in the sun.
Blessings!

ST said...

He's so cute! I'm glad he got that nap, though!