Sunday, January 4, 2009

Going Out To Eat

Recently, we haven't been doing much eating out as a family--I can't remember the last time, probably a month or two ago. Before Evan was born, it was a frequent event, usually to the same two places.
Early yesterday evening, we went out to kind of put a closing on the end of our vacation ): We went to Texas Roadhouse--the boys had never been there before. When we got there, it was packed! We waited at least 20 minutes in an area where there were probably 20 other people, and the place was L-O-U-D. As I sat there keeping Evan entertained, I couldn't help but feel so proud of the boys. They were just hanging out, like everyone else, not a single complaint, and nothing that made them stand out from anyone else. It truly was a beautiful moment. It's not that it matters when they do stand out from others, it's just nice to have those moments sometimes when we fit in with the crowd.
It just got better as the evening went on. Evan sometimes gets impatient when sitting in a restaurant, although, like I said, it's been a while. Last night, though, he was "perfect."
Ah, what a great night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Matty does great with Texas Roadhouse too. I think the bucket of peanuts on the table is what entertains him so much though. I'm glad you got to have a great expereience. It's a fantastic restaurant.

Umma said...

That is awesome! I love nights like that when you can just blend into the scenery!

Kristiem10 said...

That sounds nice. I love Texas Roadhouse. They have great rolls.

Jen said...

John and I went to eat there 2 weeks before this--we had a gift card. It was our first time there, and we really liked it. Usually if we go to Lafayette to eat (half an hour), we go to Don Pablos.
The rolls: Yes, they are great! I think they brought us four or five baskets of them. Matt was even eating one as we were leaving the place (we didn't notice until we were out the door).

ST said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to have a lovely family dinner out.

Betsy Brock said...

That's wonderful! I know exactly what you mean!