Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain

Home today! Here's why: Lots of water! Our house is completely fine; I can see some puddles in the field behind us, but that's about it. So, we have a 3 day weekend, but really, that's not such a great thing. First, if we're going to have an unexpected day off, Friday would be my last choice of days. Second, we've used all our built in snow days; this one gets tacked on to the end of the year. We're already going to school later than normal because we started later due the construction of the new school not being completed on time. AND, this coming year, we're starting at the regular early mid-August time which equals: a short summer break. I had voted for a later start, not so much because I wanted a longer summer, but more because even before I was a teacher, I disliked having to send the kids back when summer was still going strong! Oh well, I've been given a day off...time to go
enjoy it!

No comments: