Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


This year, it doesn't look like any of the kids will be dressing up, so I've put on photos from years past. First, a little of our history of Halloween. In one word--"torture." When the boys were younger, I wanted so badly to have an enjoyable time trick-or-treating with my kids. No. Until the year of the Pirates, they would end up in tears or would just plain "lose it" by the end. I don't know, maybe one of the years of the Ghosts (we did that one 2 years in a row) may have gone alright. It just wasn't there thing. And it took me a few years to accept that. Actually, after they got too old to go out, they expressed a little interest in dressing up; well, at least Kyle did. Matt, no. He does, though, thoroughly enjoy having people come to our house, but unfortunately, with our "trick-or-treating on the square" (area around the courthouse), we usually don't have too many people come to the house.
Last year, Kyle went to a Halloween party with Best Buddies----and LOVED it! He was "salt." I know I have that picture somewhere around here, but I'm not sure where at the moment.
I may put a leftover clown costume on Evan tonight just to get a picture, but it would be very pointless to take him out. A.---He doesn't know what candy is. B.---I kind of want to be here for the trick-or-treaters. C.----The most important reason.....he wouldn't like it one bit. Why torture him so that he can get of bagful of stuff that he wouldn't be eating? Maybe next year.
I kind of wish that I made something for the boys just to wear around here, but time got away. Next year.
These are pictures of pictures...the scanner isn't hooked up at the moment...hasn't been since we moved here!


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...love the pics. They are so cute.

I have everyone dressed up as something except Matt. He's not into costumes or strangers with candy.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are adorable, thanks for sharing, this year Halloween was for Mommy, and Holly induldged me by letting me dress her up, It is one of my favorite Holidays, so when she gets older I hope she likes it. Hope you have a great evening.