Beth from Fragile What!? tagged me for this "First Born." How appropriate to be talking about Chelsey!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? no
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? excited, and then wow, what have I done!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? absolutely not
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 18
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I was in the A.F. at the time in California; it was soon after returning from home from Christmas break......1 day late and I went to their clinic for the blood test
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? The people that were around me
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? kind of, but John definitely did not, so I decided I wouldn't
9. DUE DATE? September 17
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? only once very early in the pregnancy....I ate some jelly beans very early in the morning and they came right back up
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? food
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? hot weather
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I don't remember
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT YOUR PREGNANCY? 50 lbs
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? A surprise (I don't like surprises.....my husband just shaved his goatee without telling me first.....not happy) (he hasn't had it very long and I wasn't a fan of it at first, but now I am------too late)
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Connecticut
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? contractions started exactly at mid-night, about 5 minutes after I had fallen asleep....we got to the hospital around 9:30 a.m., and she was born at 12:23 p.m.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? John
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? John, doctor, and a couple of nurses
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? 100% all natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? no
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs 14 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? September 21, 1989
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Chelsey ........we picked her name out a couple of weeks before she was born.....we were watching On Golden Pond, and John really wanted to use the name Chelsey----I agreed because I was tired of playing the name game. Before that, it was Jessica (Joshua for a boy). It took me a few months to get used to her name.